- This event has passed.
Scrabble Mania for Literacy 2021
May 15, 2021
REGISTRATION IS OPEN! Join us on Saturday, May 15, 2021 for our SCRABBLE® Mania for Literacy virtual event. This year’s event will look a little different, but you still get to play as a team for the benefit of the Literacy Council of Frederick County and have FUN, all while supporting adult literacy programs in our community! This year, we are excited to partner with Surelocked In Escape Games in Frederick!
See below to register online or by mail.
Early Bird Registration opens on April 1st!
COME JOIN US FOR …
- Fast-paced Scrabble® play for Teams*
- Please note: each team MUST provide own Scrabble® board. If you don’t have one, support local by buying one from Dancing Bear Toys and Gifts (see details below)**
- Suggested appetizer & meal options (see details below!)
- Online Auction opens on May 15 (see details below): https://www.biddingowl.com/LiteracyCouncilFrederick
- Door prize drawing!!
- Sponsor opportunities available
DATE: Saturday, May 15, 2021 with two opportunities to play! Your choice of afternoon or evening:
2-5:00 p.m. or 6-9:00 p.m.
REGISTRATION FEE: $30/team*. Early Bird Discount: Register by April 15, 2021 and take advantage of the Early Bird discount price of $25/team. Starting April 16 the price will be $30/team.
- *Each team or household will receive one login to virtual event, this login cannot be shared with other individuals.
- If you are the person registering your team, you will be the “Team Captain” which just means you will be our point of contact prior to, and during the event.
- You DON’T need to know all of your team members when you register but if you do know, please list their names and email addresses during registration.
- You will be given a chance to list your teammates at a later date so we can keep everyone in the loop and a chance to win door prizes. 100% of your registration fees will be a donation to the Literacy Council.
- Family play is encouraged, but each team must have at least one adult 18 or older as the team captain/host
- Help spread the word to more family and friends! Please share this FLYER
**Scrabble games are available for purchase at Dancing Bear Toys and Gifts , located at 15 E. Patrick Street, Frederick. A % of sales between April 15 – May 15 will benefit the Literacy Council. Use this link to place your order: https://dbeartoys.com/products/games/tile-lock-scrabble
REGISTER YOUR TEAM ONLINE through SureLocked In Escape Games
- Register HERE to purchase your ticket to play at 2:00 p.m.
- Register HERE to purchase your ticket to play at 6:00 p.m.
Please book by Team, not by person. You will only need to book one ticket for your whole team to play!
ADDITIONAL EVENT DETAILS:
This is a virtual event. Scrabble teams* will play from the team’s home or other single physical location on Zoom using the team’s own Scrabble board**. Each team will be provided with rules and scoring sheets that can be picked up from our office in downtown Frederick, or we will include links to print them in advance when you receive your Zoom invitation. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (301) 600-2066 to arrange to pick up your team’s “swag bag” before Saturday, May 15!
Scrabble play will be led by Frederick’s very own Surelocked In Escape Games. The event will include a welcome, sponsor recognition, introduction of teams, explanation of the rules, two rounds of Scrabble games, door prize drawing, prizes for winning teams, an online auction which will go live on May 15, and lots of fun!
Over 80 items available through our online auction, including wine tastings and tours, travel and entertainment, themed baskets, restaurant gift certificates, crafts, clothing, art & collectibles, health and wellness items, subscriptions, books, and MORE!
Preview items at: https://www.biddingowl.com/LiteracyCouncilFrederick
Instructions to set up your Bidding Owl Bidder Account are provided HERE.
SUGGESTED APPETIZER & MEAL OPTIONS:
Support our local Downtown Frederick restaurants!
Due to COVID-19 precautions, we decided to give you flexibility in making your plans for appetizers or meal choices AND we want to take this opportunity to support our local restaurants. Appetizer and meal options are available by contacting the following restaurants in advance. These restaurants participate with the Literacy Council to provide workplace English classes for their employees. Teams should order and pay for their food directly with the restaurant of their choice. (Please note: Costs are not included in the team registration fee and the Literacy Council will not be receiving any profit from the sales). We just want to support local when possible!
Brewer’s Alley, 124 N. Market Street, Frederick (301) 631-0089 (Toast online ordering)
Firestone’s Culinary Tavern, 109 N. Market Street, Frederick (301) 663-0330
Isabella’s Tavern & Bar, 44 N. Market Street, Frederick (301) 698-8922 (Toast online ordering)
Pistarro’s Ristorante Pizzeria Napoletana, 221 N. East Street, Frederick (301) 378-9536 (Toast online ordering)
Sumittra Thai Cuisine 12 E. Patrick Street, Downtown Frederick (301) 668-2302
QUESTIONS? Call the Literacy Council at (301) 600-2066 or email@example.com
Double Letter Sponsor: $100 – Basic Benefits & 1 team registration*
Triple Letter Sponsor: $200 – Basic Benefits & Team Registration (2 team registrations*)
Double Word Sponsor: $500 – Basic Benefits & Team Registration (4 team registrations*), half-page ad & more!
Triple Word Sponsor: $1,000 – Basic Benefits & Table Registration (6 team registrations*), full-page ad & more!
SEE SPONSOR BENEFITS AND DETAILS!
REGISTER ONLINE TO BECOME A SPONSOR!
MANY THANKS TO OUR WONDERFUL SPONSORS!
Can’t join us this year? Please consider making a charitable donation to support adult literacy programs.
Thank you for supporting adult literacy programs in Frederick County!