2021 Scrabble® Mania Online Auction – May 15-31
The Literacy Council’s Scrabble® Mania Online Auction for Literacy opens for bidding at 12:00 noon Saturday, May 15 through 9:00 p.m. on Monday, May 31! Our auction opens the day of our virtual Scrabble Mania for Literacy event on Saturday, May 15.
The proceeds from this auction will support our tutoring, community classes, parent and workplace literacy programs, so our adult learners gain the fundamental reading and other English language skills that are critical to carrying out everyday life functions to provide for their families.
Please help us reach our goal of $8,000!
Thank you to everyone who contributed to making this year’s Scrabble Mania for Literacy event a success, especially our Scrabble® sponsors, silent auction contributors and our teams!
Please join us in recognizing this year’s Scrabble Mania for Literacy event sponsors!
Silent Auction Dates: Saturday, May 15 LIVE at 12:00 noon through Monday, May 31 at 9:00 p.m.
Silent Auction Online Site: Visit our site through Bidding Owl to view over 80 featured items! Browse the items up for auction now and get those bids ready. We have some great items available this year, like a Week on the Big Island of Hawaii, Overnight Stay at Mountain Memories at ThorpeWood’s Little Pond Cottage, Taste of Oxford Maryland Basket, Dog Lovers Baskets, Wine Tasting and Tours, and more!
BIDDER REGISTRATION AND TIPS
1) Go to the Literacy Council’s Scrabble® Mania Online Auction for Literacy
Direct link: https://www.biddingowl.com/Auction/home.cfm?auctionID=13663
You are welcome to freely review auction items at any time. If you forget to register ahead of time, you will be directed to register as a bidder or sign in as a bidder the first time you place a bid.
2) Click on Register (top right corner of our Bidding Owl page) and follow the short registration process. If you are registering from your mobile phone, click on the menu button and select Register.
3) You will be directed to your email to confirm your registration. Once you have confirmed, then sign back in as a bidder and continue bidding.
1) Browse the Categories in our auction.
2) Select the item you would like to bid on.
3) Enter correct Bid Amount into the field provided
4) Click Bid and Confirm Bid5) Congratulations, you are the current High Bidder for the item!
ACCESSING YOUR BIDDINGOWL.COM ACCOUNT ANYTIME
1) Enter www.BiddingOwl.com into your browser’s address field
2) Click on Bidder Sign In (at top of the page)
3) Enter your Email login and Password to review your account
- View your Bid Status and Bid History by clicking on My Bids
GOOD TO KNOW
– In order to receive Text Message Notifications, enter your telephone number under Account Details. You will receive Text messages when you’ve been outbid.
ONLINE CHECK OUT
1) Log into your Bidder Account to view your Bidder History
2) Click on the Shopping Cart in the top right corner of the page and follow the short checkout process. Only items that you’ve WON can be checked out.
Note: Additional instructions will be provided about the checkout process at the end of the auction.
Contact us at email@example.com or (301) 600-2066 with any questions.
RECEIVING YOUR ITEMS
Shipping & Handling: Notice due to COVID-19 restrictions our office in the C. Burr Artz Library in downtown Frederick is still closed to the public. However, we will inform everyone of contactless pickup dates. Unfortunately, we cannot ship items other than gift certificates. LCFC will make arrangements with winning bidders to pick up their items locally in a manner that respects social distancing. We can also make special arrangements for deliveries within Frederick County on a case by case basis. Thank you!
Looking for other ways to support our students and programs?
Donate now to support our Spring Literacy Campaign. Give the gift of literacy today!