The Literacy Council recommends the following resources to help tutors plan lessons and gain further knowledge:
- Tutor Online Resources – links to useful websites for tutors and students
- LCFC Tutor Information Book – the current version
- Workshop Handouts – this document contains content from ProLiteracy and our own tutor training workshop. There is much background information along with activities to incorporate into lessons.
- ProLiteracy Education Network – access to online courses, lesson plans, podcasts, articles, and other resources to help infuse your lessons with new ideas and approaches that keep students engaged
- Student Learning Goals – a chart you can use to keep track of student goals and progress
- Tutor Record Sheets – a chart you can use to keep track of lessons and your volunteer hours