The Literacy Council of Frederick County (LCFC) teaches adults the reading and other English language skills they need to provide for their families and to contribute to the well-being and prosperity of our community.
A community where literacy is attainable for everyone.
We believe in:
- Sustaining our organization through responsible financial stewardship, sound management, and community engagement.
- Teaching a parent in order to educate a family.
- Educating our students in a learner-centered format with compassion, confidentiality, and respect.
- Producing a safer, healthier, economically stronger, and more vibrant community through adult literacy.
- Sustaining, empowering, and energizing a passionate, strong, dedicated volunteer base.
Click HERE to view the Literacy Council’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement of Principle