The Literacy Council provides Frederick County adults with pathways to essential literacy skills.
Literacy lifts lives.
Theory of Change
Success for the individuals and families we seek to serve rests on a collective community approach that shapes a full path to a thriving life.
We believe in:
- Sustaining our organization through responsible financial stewardship, sound management, and community engagement.
- Teaching a parent in order to educate a family.
- Educating our students in a learner-centered format with compassion, confidentiality, and respect.
- Producing a safer, healthier, economically stronger, and more vibrant community through adult literacy.
- Sustaining, empowering, and energizing a passionate, strong, dedicated volunteer base.
Click HERE to view the Literacy Council’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement of Principle