1. Contact us
You can contact the Literacy Council by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 301-600-2066. Please contact our office to make an appointment. Our office hours are M-F between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Curbside/lobby pickup of teaching and learning materials for students and tutors is available M-F between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (except for Frederick County/FCPL holiday or weather closures). Enter through the Literacy Council’s side door or the double front doors of the FCPL Administrative Entrance. Contact staff in advance by email to request materials: email@example.com. Our office is located at: 110 East Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21701.
- Ask a translator to join you on your phone call or visit if you wish.
- Be ready to give us your name, phone number, email address (if you have one), and address.
- We will help you to complete a student registration form
- Make an appointment to meet with our staff for an online assessment so we know which program is best for you
2. Meet with our staff
At your appointment:
- Staff will check your skill levels by completing an assessment
- You will discuss where you should begin and if a class or tutoring is better for you, or refer you to another organization
- You will be asked to pay a one-time Student Registration Fee of $20
3. Begin learning
If one of our programs is right for you, you will get a tutor or start a class as soon as we have an opening.