1. Contact us
You can contact the Literacy Council by email at email@example.com or by phone at 301-600-2066. Right now, our office is closed to the public due to the pandemic, so you cannot just stop by. However, curbside pickup is available by appointment for teaching and learning materials for students and teachers at our office at 110 East Patrick Street, Frederick, MD 21701.
- Ask a translator to join you on your phone call or visit if you wish.
- Be ready to give us your name, phone number, email address (if you have one), and address.
- Make an appointment to meet with our staff.
2. Meet with our staff
At your appointment:
- You will complete registration forms. You may bring a translator if you wish.
- You will be asked to pay a one-time registration fee of $20.
- Staff will check your skill levels.
- You will discuss where you should begin and if a class or tutoring is better for you.
- If needed, you will make a second appointment to complete the assessment of your skill levels.
3. Begin learning
If one of our programs is right for you, you will get a tutor or start a class as soon as we have an opening.