- This event has passed.
Scrabble Mania for Literacy 2023
May 3 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Join us on Wednesday, May 3rd, 2023 for our SCRABBLE® Mania for Literacy fundraiser. We are excited to partner again with Chris Sparks as our Game Master from Surelocked In Escape Games at Steinhardt Brewing Company! Help us to share this FLYER with friends and family!! This event is for adults 21 and over.
DATE: Wednesday, May 3rd
TIME: 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Steinhardt Brewing Company340 East Patrick Street, Suite 100-102 Frederick, MD 21701 (240) 651-0057
Parking Details: Parking is available in the lot across Patrick Street (at the corner of Wisner and Patrick) that is for Steinhardt Brewing Company and Union Mills patrons. Street parking is also available. Do NOT park in the gravel lot across Wisner Street. Additional parking is available in the Carroll Creek and East All Saints Parking Garages. For more information: City of Frederick Parking Garages
COME JOIN US FOR …
- Fast-paced Scrabble® play for Teams of 4 adults
- Scrabble® boards will be available for each team
- *Ticket fees include a complementary beverage (beer or soda) from Steinhardt Brewing Company and appetizers from Union Mills Public House
- Visit the online Auction which goes live on May 3!
- Door prize drawing!!
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN – CLICK TO REGISTER ONLINE
REGISTER YOUR TEAM BY MAIL – CLICK TO ACCESS MAIL FORM
REGISTRATION FEES:Team of 4: $220* Individual Player(s): $55*
*Note: The registration fee for players and teams includes a complementary beverage from Steinhardt Brewing Company and appetizers from Union Mills Public House.
*A portion of the registration fees, less goods and services received, is a donation supporting the Literacy Council’s programs. A formal charitable donation acknowledgement will be provided to ticket purchasers following the event.
- Scrabble play will be in teams of four individuals. If you are playing on a team of four, please list the names of the other people you will be seated with when you register. We will make every effort to accommodate team requests.
- Sponsors’ teams will be registered by the Literacy Council.
- Each team will be provided with a Scrabble board, rules and scoring sheets.
- The event will include two rounds of Scrabble games, door prize drawing, prizes for winning teams.
- Sneak peek of online auction which opens on May 3!
Double Letter, Triple Letter, Double Word, Triple Word, Pre-Game Team Spirit & 60th Anniversary Diamond Sponsor Levels Available: $300 – $2,500
BECOME A SPONSOR HERE
SEE SPONSOR BENEFITS AND DETAILS!
MANY THANKS TO OUR WONDERFUL PAST AND CURRENT SPONSORS!
ONLINE AUCTION INFORMATION: May 3 – 14, 2023
Over 80 items are available through our online auction, including wine tastings and tours, travel and entertainment, themed baskets, restaurant gift certificates, crafts, clothing, art & collectibles, health and wellness items, subscriptions, books, and MORE!
Preview items at: https://www.biddingowl.com/LiteracyCouncilFrederick
Instructions to set up your Bidding Owl Bidder Account are provided HERE.
QUESTIONS? Call the Literacy Council at (301) 600-2066 or email@example.com
Can’t join us this year? Please consider making a charitable donation to support adult literacy programs for Frederick County!